It's PCS Time Again.....

Moving From Japan to North Carolina..........


For my family it is that time again to PCS (aka permanent change of station).  We have spent the last 2 years in Okinawa, Japan .  Our life in Japan was an exciting, blessed experience for my family but we are very excited to get back to the states and be reunited with family and friends.  Personally, I am excited to get back to work.



How have I stayed active in real estate while living abroad in Japan?  

Well, that has been fun.  I took the time to network with some real estate agents in Japan and learn how real estate works here locally.  I also worked for some agents back in the states as a virtual assistant.  My favorite way to stay active with real estate was to meet with potential buyers here overseas who were moving back to the States and needed assistance in learning more about their VA benefits and how to buy a home.  Education is one of my favorite parts of real estate just helping clients be more informed about the home buying process.  I also assisted sellers with CMA ( how much is their home worth?)  These sellers have homes they have been renting out and no longer desire to be landlords. Throughout those processes I was able to connect buyers and sellers with some amazing agents in different states.

Buying A Home From Overseas

For me personally I have now walked in a buyer's shoes who purchased  home from overseas sight unseen .  WOW that was both exciting and nerve wrecking but I now can assist buyers in a much larger capacity because I truly understand that process because I "lived" it.  The best training is the classroom of real life!  I must say I could have NEVER accomplished buying a home from a distance without a great REALTOR....yes read that again.... I ( a Realtor) used a Realtor.   WHY ? Like all buyers I needed representation.  I understand the real estate "lingo" I could write a contract in my sleep but at the end of the day I am still a buyer just like most and I needed eyes and hears on the ground in NC representing me.  So I encourage all buyers and sellers please use an agent to represent you in the home buying and selling experience.

The Future

I will soon be licensed in the state of North Carolina and still currently active and licensed in Florida.  I am excited to be moving to NC and getting my business relocated and to start helping families with their real estate needs. Over the coming months I want to share my PCS experience with buying a home from overseas in hopes to help some else . 

Here's a glimpse of my new home.  
Transition is never easy but with change comes many new and exciting things. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about a military move or need help with buying or selling a home.


Comments

Popular Posts