Getting My Priorities Straight


I have spent the past few years being a stay at home mom...not by choice but by circumstances. You see, as a military spouse, I do not have the choice of where we live.  A few years ago, I landed what was in my mind the "ideal" job here in Florida.  I was so happy!  BUT, all good things must come to an end.  My family and I moved to Colorado.  A beautiful state; however, it was during the "economic crash," and I struggled with getting a job.  I pulled out my career belt and started applying for anything and everything. Unfortunately, I came up empty-handed. I don't know about other moms, but I have never put as much value in my "position" as a wife/mother as my husband.  While my son was in school, I just felt I needed to be contributing somehow,  not realizing I was contributing so much already.  I have wanted and struggled for years trying to find that happy medium.  I want to be a wife and a mother, but I also want to work and still be there for my family.  Sometimes God takes us on a journey.  We may not always realize we are on a journey or the lesson to be learned.  I, well, I am hard-headed, as they say.  

I prayed to move back to Florida. I have friends here, I love the beautiful beaches, and I am a warm weather person...winters are not for me.  My wish was granted! Here we are in Florida, but there is more to this story.  One year ago, I started my job hunting.. again.  I was struggling with finding a job.  I found a job or 2, but for some reason, I was still feeling this void.   I belonged to someone else's time clock. I was jumping through hoops complaining about how I wanted to be a mom and wife and be there for my family, but the income would be nice. HOW?  I asked if I can have the best of both worlds and why it is so hard to find that balance.  

After spending 6 months at the 2nd job caring more about it most days than the other people who worked there and feeling the stress of filling all my roles at home, I decided something had to change.  I prayed about it, I searched deep down and really thought about a new path in life.  This is what led me to real estate.  

Now don't get me wrong, you have to look at real estate as a full-time job because it is!!  But I feel with KW, I have found a company to achieve a balance in my life.  Just read their mission and vision, and value statement:      
MISSION:
To build careers worth having, a business worth owning and lives worth living.
VISION:
To be the real estate company of choice.
VALUES:
GOD, Family, then business

See, I have had my priorities all mixed up.   Without even realizing it, I found the value in my role or job as a mother and wife.  The moment I walked in Keller Williams's door, it felt like "home," and I knew I could accomplish anything with this company if I set my mind to do so.  

The big "why" in life for me with this #1 Real Estate company is not how much money can I make? But can I have a balance of all things a mom and wife want?  I can make as much or as little  $$  as I want.  I can invest 60 hours a week in my business or invest as much of myself that I feel I can without my family having to suffer. I am my own boss.   My business is only limited by the limitations I put on myself... not by KW.   Keller Williams gives me the tools and the training and the team support I need, and a belief system that makes me successful.  My hope is, as I go through my journey with Keller Williams, I  touch other people's lives by helping them find the perfect home to raise their family! 

This blog seems silly to me, but KW has asked me to do one of the things.  I have stepped outside my comfort zone in more ways than one.  They encourage me to be a better person every day, a better citizen, to become active in my community, and I feel I am leading others by example.  Because of my new journey, I have finally gotten what I have wished for:  A balanced life.

If I can ever help anyone with a new career opportunity or find a great home or take the stress out of selling a home, I am so excited to be a part of that!  

And thank you for reading my blog and sharing my experiences. 


Please note that this blog's content reflects my personal experiences and opinions and not a reflection directly of KW.

Comments

Popular Posts